FIRST ROUND Auditions for the Appalachian State Dance Team 2021-2022 Season
Mail the following to Meredith Felts at 109 N. Gable View Dr., Wilkesboro, NC 28697 no later than April 24th at 5:00 pm! No exceptions.
- $25 registration fee (mailed check or cash ONLY)
- Copy of Acceptance Letter if you are an incoming freshman or transfer student
- Copy of Student ID if you are a current ASU student
- A mailed, printed full body picture in tryout attire (black bottoms, sports bra of any color, hair pulled back, appropriate make up for an audition, minumum jewelry)
Please email your video submission or YouTube URL to email@example.com, again, by April 24th at 5:00 pm. Late submissions will not be accepted, viewed, or scored. Please plan ahead for experiencing technical difficulties. "My internet isn't working," is not a valid excuse for a late submission.
Requirements are as follows:
- Video Introduction
- State your name, age, and what year you will be at ASU
- Where you are from
- Why you want to be part of the team
- Leap Requirements
- Regular leaps (right and left)
- Side/center leaps (right and left)
- Calypsos/barrels (right and left)
- Surprise leaps (right and left)
- Leap or jump of choice!
- Turn Requirements
- Double and Triple Pirouettes (right and left)
- Second (straight leg) Turns (right and left)
- Turn combination of choice!
- Leg Requirements
- Illusions (right and left)
- Leg spins (right and left)
- High kicks (front, side, back (right and left))
- Dance Requirements
- Across the floor combo - Jazz walk compilation and 1-2 trick(s) of choice in a choreographed sequence.
- LIVE DEMONSTRATION
- Be sure to check your email on April 25th before noon to see if you have been selected for an additional round of live, virtual technique demonstrations and a short interview.
- Your time slot will be included in the email. Time slots will begin at 2:00 pm on April 25th.
- This will be held via Zoom. The Zoom link will be included in your personal email. (Please make sure you have a stabe connection and secure access to Zoom. Zoom can be downloaded on you device at https://zoom.us )
- Dress in tryout attire and make sure you have ample space to demonstrate some of the technique above.
This needs to be a well put together video. Make sure it is easy to hear your voice, your music, and see your entire body in all clips within the video. This needs to be filmed in an open space. Due to COVID restrictions, this can be in a garage, living room with furniture moved, basement, etc.
Second Round details are to be determined.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to me. Thank you and GO APP!
Meredith Felts (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Below are the bylaws for the 2021-2022 season! Please feel free to review them prior to tryouts. Team members will sign following announcement of the new team! NOTE: This document is subject to change.